Ten finalists have been chosen to each receive a $1,500 scholarship on behalf of Virginia-based Ferguson. The scholarship winners were selected from nearly 100 applicants nationwide.
The scholarships, renewable for up to three consecutive years, are available to students currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited full-time two-or four-year program at a college, trade or vocational school anywhere in the United States.
The recipients were:
- Robin Campbell — Cincinnati
- Nathan Cates — Benton, Tenn.
- Hailey Jarman — Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- Weston Johnson — Irvington, Va.
- Eric Mullins — Appleton, Wis.
- Scarlett Murphy — Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Lauren Oswald — Raleigh, N.C.
- Catherine Rogers — Roswell, Ga.
- Devin Salazar — Spring, Texas
- Caitlen Urhammer — Casper, N.Y.
An independent Scholarship Selection Committee then chooses the recipients based on the completed application packet and evidence of commitment to academic performance, standardized test scores, school and community involvement and financial need.
Ferguson is a wholesale distributer of plumbing supplies, heating and cooling equipment, waterworks, appliances, tools and safety equipment, fire protection products and pipes, valves and fittings. It is headquartered in Newport News, Va.