Coverings Returns to Chicago
April 1, 2016
Coverings, the largest global tile & stone exposition in North America, has scheduled an exceptionally comprehensive conference program of notable and respected speakers to present on a number of topics at the forefront of industry conversation. The 2016 conference program will be comprised of more than 70 sessions, addressing a broad range of crucial topics facing the tile and stone industry, when the show takes place April 18-21, 2016 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
The show curates its educational sessions into tailored tracks for each segment of attendees – distributors, retailers, architects, designers, fabricators, installers, builders/remodelers, and professionals seeking green education – though every course is made available to all attendees and exhibitors. The Coverings conference component has been continuously ranked as one of the show’s most valuable features and has been a critical element since its inception in 1990, as the robust schedule of programs yields unparalleled education and, in most cases, the benefit of highly valuable CEU credits.
The foundation of the 2016 conference program rests on four outstanding keynote sessions by the following influencers and experts representing a diverse cross-section of industries: Shawn McCadden, remodeling industry specialist; Edie Cohen, Deputy Editor of Interior Design Magazine; Andrew Fay, President of The Gettys Group; and Bart Bettiga, of the National Tile Contractors Association.
Shawn McCadden will discuss “Industry Challenges into Opportunities and Opportunities Into Profits.” In this session, the remodeling industry specialist will explore how industry professionals can differentiate their businesses in today’s fast changing and demanding marketplace. Attendees will learn the challenges and opportunities that arise while creating a profitable future for their businesses.
Monday, April 18, 8:00 – 9:15a.m.
Edie Cohen will host “Interior Design Magazine’s Power Panel – Exploring the Cross-Market Pollination of Design” – which will showcase top designers from all sectors of interior design including residential, hospitality, workplace and health care. Through the sharing of case studies and industry knowledge, conversation will focus on the cross-pollination of design and particularly focus on innovations and trends in tile and stone today. Panelists include David Grout (Gary Lee Partners), Todd Heiser (Gensler), Eileen Jones (Perkins + Will), Jordan Mozer (Jordan Mozer & Associates), Neil Schneider (IA Interior Architects).
Tuesday, April 19, 8:00 – 9:15a.m.
In his keynote, sponsored by Contract Magazine, Andrew Fay will present on “The Future of Hospitality Design” and outline how The Getty’s Group examines global trends and design’s impact on guest experiences. Fay will explore how the use of tile and stone can be featured to express highly individualized, branded design “stories.”
Tuesday, April 19, 12:00 – 1:00p.m.
Bart Bettiga of the National Tile Contractors Association will sit down with three of the tile and stone industry’s leading consultants for “From the Field: A Perspective and Industry Update from Recognized Consultants.” Dave Gobis of TileLetter, Richard Goldberg of PROCON, and Donato Pompo, a ceramic tile and stone consultant, will engage in an open conversation exploring the state of the industry as it relates to the field. Discussions will center on specifications, quality control and overall quality of installations in the commercial and residential spaces.
Wednesday, April 20, 8:00 – 9:30a.m.
Space at each 2016 keynote session is limited, so to ensure a seat and meal service interested attendees must register in advance and secure their attendance with a nominal registration payment.
Additionally, during the 2016 show, Coverings will present eight featured sessions that provide additional insights into the tile and stone industry:
• “Color/Design at a Crossroads: Finding the Most Directional Trends” – Leatrice Eisemen, Pantone Color Institute; Monday, April 18, 10:45 – 11:45a.m.
• “Getting Published: Hot Off the Press” – Paul Makovsky, Editorial Director of Metropolis, will moderate a panel of editors from Dwell, K+BB, Modern Luxury Interiors Chicago and Architectural Record; Monday, April 18, 1:30 – 2:30p.m.
• “Rethinking Retail: 10 Ways to Ignite Your Business in Today’s Modern Retail World” – Nicole Leinbach Reyhle, Retail Minded; Monday, April 18, 2:45 – 3:45p.m.
• “Economic Outlook for Interior Design – Leveraging a Growing Marketplace” – Randy Fiser, CEO of the American Society of Interior Designers; Tuesday, April 19, 9:15 – 10:15a.m.
• “Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS)” – Wayne Kurzen, The Kurzen Group; Tuesday, April 19, 10:30 – 11:30a.m.
• “Ceramic Material Systems” – Julie Taraska, Products Editor of Architectural Record, and Martin Bechthold of the Harvard Graduate School of Design; Tuesday, April 19, 1:30 – 2:30p.m.
• “Stone Trends 2016” – Vincent Marazita, Marazita & Associates; Wednesday, April 20, 9:15 – 11:15a.m.
• “Management of Delay and Disruption and Proactive Strategies for Tile Contractors” – Tommy A. Conner, Superior Tile & Stone, and Tim Fitzgerald, Construction Industry Professional; Wednesday, April 20, 10:30a.m. – 12:00p.m.
For the 2016 show, Coverings has incorporated conference program sessions into its show floor activities, including live guided tours; curated presentations in the Social Media Lounge (Booth 4031), including a first-time Software Showcase which will feature demonstrations of technology and software solutions; and segment-focused roundtable conversations in the Appreciation Lounge (Booth 4448) and Contractor Lounge (Booth 8539).
Secure attendance at keynote sessions while registering to attend Coverings, for free, at coverings.com.
July 19, 2017 | People
JP Drevline Appointed President and CEO of Design House