KBIS 2016 Innovative Showroom Awards Finalists Announced
December 8, 2015
In its second year, close to 50 kitchen and bath showrooms from across the country submitted a nomination to be considered among the most innovative during the second annual Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) Innovative Showroom Awards. Submissions were segmented into five categories, for a total of 15 finalists. A winner will be chosen in each category, with one chosen as the overall Innovative Retail Showroom. The finalists are:
Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Small (1,000- 2,500 sq. ft.)
• Simmer & Soak, Saint Simons Island, GA
• Barrett’s Technology Solutions, Naperville, IL
• KONST SieMatic, Bethesda, MD
Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Medium (2,500 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
• V6B Design Group, Vancouver, BC
• Guy Gunter Home, Atlanta, GA
• Palmer Todd, San Antonio, TX
Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft.+)
• Minnesota Cabinets, Clive, IA
• Hartville Hardware, Hartville, OH
• Insignia Kitchen and Bath, Barrington, IL
Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Medium (2,500 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
• ANN SACKS Chicago, Chicago, IL
• Coburn Supply Company Inc., Lafayette, LA
• Cambria Gallery – Buckhead, Atlanta, GA
Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft.+)
• PIRCH Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
• Miele’s Chicago Experience Center, Chicago, IL
• Sub-Zero and Wolf Showroom Southern California, Costa Mesa, CA
The Innovative Showroom Awards Advisory Board, comprised of leading retail showroom design experts, prior award winners and industry veterans and influencers, will review the finalists, determining the winner in each category. Additionally, an overall Innovative Retail Showroom Award will be given.
The esteemed Advisory panel includes:
• Chelsie Butler, Executive Editor for Kitchen + Bath Business Magazine
• Ken Nisch, Chairman of JGA
• Danny Swaim, Vice President of Business Development at PIRCH
• Nancy Epstein, CEO at Artistic Tile
• Mia Nicolaisen, Sr. Director of Sales and Business Development and Tony Lutz, President & CEO of Interior Systems Inc. (ISI)
In addition to judging the Innovative Showroom Awards, the Advisory Board will participate in several programs on showroom innovation at KBIS 2016, including hosting one-on-one meetings at the KBISNeXT™ Bar and participating in a panel discussion on the KBIS Next Stage. Both programs will be held on Tuesday, January 19, 2016, prior to the announcement of the Innovative Showroom Awards.
The public will also have a chance to cast their vote for favorite showroom for the new People’s Choice Award. The vote will occur the week following KBIS 2016, January 27-February 5, 2016, via the KBIS Facebook page.
The 2016 Innovative Showroom Awards are exclusively sponsored by American Standard Brands and GROHE, who are returning to KBIS as part of LIXIL Water Technology.
“Retail showrooms are tasked with providing a memorable experience while educating and engaging consumers,” said Brian Pagel, VP Kitchen and Bath Group, Emerald Expositions. “The importance of showroom design and the need to elevate and evolve these spaces is vital to the industry. This year’s finalists embody the elements of what makes a showroom truly memorable.”
The winners will be announced from the KBISNeXT™ stage on January 19, 2016, at 3:45PM. Awards will be presented by Brian Pagel, VP Kitchen and Bath Group, Emerald Expositions and Jean-Jacques L’Henaff, Vice President – Design, LIXIL Water Technology Americas, American Standard and DXV, preceeded at 3PM by a panel discussion with nominees and judges led by L’Henaff. Finalist showroom representatives from independent retail showroom-large category, Minnesota Cabinets, multi location retail showroom-medium category, Coburn and independent retail showroom-large category, Insignia, will join Advisory Board members Danny Swaim and Nancy Epstein for a lively discussion about what makes a showroom innovative?
“We are pleased to be part of this distinct recognition of kitchen and bath showrooms throughout North America. The creative and pioneering ways they have crafted to attract and inform potential clients is truly remarkable,” said Maha El Kharbotly, chief marketing officer of LIXIL Water Technology Americas, American Standard, GROHE and DXV.
October 16, 2017 | People
Hammer Stahl Partners with Celebrity Chef Andrew Zimmern