Show-Stopping Kitchen and Bath Trends
July 8, 2016
Recently, a few of KBB’s Editorial Advisory Board members attended Dwell on Design, which was held in Los Angeles from June 24-16. The three-day exhibition and conference was held at the Los Angeles Convention Center and featured a variety of kitchen and bath exhibitors, product demos and educational seminars for both the trade and the consumer.
Two of KBB’s most active board members – Mike Hetherman, CKD, president and CEO of Ontario-based Willis; and Paula Kennedy, CMKBD, CAPS, a designer with Timeless Kitchen Design in the Seattle area – scoured the show floor for innovative trends in the kitchen and bath industry.
The Black Diamond tap collection from Devon&Devon
Paula’s notable trends included:
– Brass and brighter tones (above)
– Polished metal and matte black finishes on faucets
– Customization is becoming expected, demanded. Millennials and more affluent generations are driving it, and the more industries that offer it – automobile, technology – the more people assume it is available in every industry. And they don’t expect it to cost twice as much.
– One-person smaller freestanding soaking tubs
– Downsizing movement calling for multi-functional storage (below)
Kitch’T concept by Dsignedby
Hetherman also noted the resurgence of matte finishes, as well as raw materials.
Other K&B trends seen at Dwell included:
– Atypical shapes for fixtures
– Black and white AND color
– Dome-shaped and rounded sinks
– Innovative use of materials
– Refrigeration in unexpected places (below)
True’s new Spa and Makeup Station
Be on the lookout for these and other innovative trends that will be present at KBIS 2017, which will take place from Jan. 10-12, 2017, in Orlando. Another Dwell exhibitor, True, will feature a brand new finish option for its stainless steel full-size refrigerators at KBIS 2017 called Pearl Slate. Ronbow announced it will feature its Signature Series and the new Amora with the sunburst mirror (see Gallery) at KBIS 2017. The company will also highlight its new Aravo Collection, a vanity system with interchangeable front panels that offers a great entry-level price point for a younger market.
February 20, 2017 | Business
Jacuzzi Luxury Bath Announces Partnership with BathWraps