Valspar Announces its 2017 Colors of the Year
October 20, 2016
The color experts at Valspar have curated a collection of 12 essential colors to help consumers choose the perfect paint for revitalizing their homes in the coming year. The 2017 Valspar Colors of the Year are fresh yet familiar and inspired by a range of lifestyle influences from culture, fashion, design, nature and technology. The dozen ‘it’ hues reflect key prevailing trends: sustainable and simplistic living, spirituality and self-improvement.
These colors are available at Lowe’s, Ace Hardware and independent retailers nationwide, and color names and shades vary slightly at each retailer.
- A baked terra cotta hue channels russet leather and rustic tiles, reflecting a renewed respect for the earth’s rich but limited resources. This color is instantly welcoming and warm. Lowe’s: 2009-6 Autumn Russet; Ace: VR036A Red Maple; Independent Retailers: V044-6 Red Maple
- A warm stone gray is a must-have neutral that encompasses the timeless and enduring beauty of natural materials. Reminiscent of wet cement, cut limestone and river pebbles, this hue is a strong foundation for any style. Lowe’s: 5006-2A Wet Pavement; Ace: VR108D Silver Bonnet; Independent Retailers: V121-1 Silver Bonnet
- A bright ultramarine is crisp and stimulating, evoking a feeling of endless possibility. Lowe’s: 4006-10C Vivid Blue; Ace: VR028A Blueprint; Independent Retailers: V035-3 Blueprint
- A botanical yellow-green (shown in photo) springs to the forefront as eco-friendly products, services and living have become more accessible to all. Fresh, leafy and full of life, this hue can bring the energy of the outdoors in. Lowe’s: 6007-6C Crushed Oregano; Ace: VR044A Fickle Pickle; Independent Retailers: V057-5 Parrot Feather
- A spirited blush apricot hue is ripe with personality. Inspired by the healthy-living trend, there’s nothing shy about this shade, it brings a glow wherever it goes. Lowe’s: 2006-4B Peach Encounter; Ace: VR037D Word of Mouth; Independent Retailers: V046-2 Coral Wisp
- A dreamy sky blue is soothing, restful and restorative. It reflects today’s spotlight on sleep and its importance in health and productivity. Lowe’s 5002-5B Dreamy Clouds; Ace: VR080E Snow in June; Independent Retailers: V102-1 Snow in June
- An airy, luminous yellow comes to light as new technological innovations elevate sensory stimulation. Lowe’s: 3007-4B Daisy Spell; Ace: VR042E Dear Melissa; Independent Retailers: V054-1 Dear Melissa
- A deep violet black has a powerful influence, symbolizing the mainstreaming of meditation and mindfulness as a way to get in touch with our inner senses. Lowe’s: 4010-2 Twilight Purple; Ace: VR089A Black Currant; Independent Retailers: V125-6 Black Currant
- As perfect, peaceful white provides respite from the noise and stress of daily life at work and home. Timely and timeless – white used deliberately makes all the difference. Lowe’s: 7006-3 Promenade; Ace: 22-1A Wedding Cake; Independent Retailers: V155 Soft Wool
- Soft silver sage enjoys resurgence as the movement to de-clutter and pare down is in play. The hue is versatile, reliable and reimagined for living simply, yet satisfied. Lowe’s: 5002-1B Smoke Infusion; Ace: VR110C Rock Solid; Independent Retailers: V140-3 Rock Solid
- An easygoing pond blue hue is popular because of our increased desire for comfort and convenience. Friendly, trustworthy and effortless– this shade goes with the flow and pairs seamlessly with everything. Lowe’s: 4006-6B Roadster Blue; Ace: VR056B Lake Henry; Independent Retailers: V070-5 Lake Henry
- A modern blue violet emerges capturing the free-spirited nature of nomadic work styles enabled by technology and embraced by a generation placing less importance on roots, and instead focusing on experiences. This hue is energizing and expressive. Lowe’s: 4002-8A Sweet Violet; Ace: VR058C Safe Haven; Independent Retailers: V037-2 Safe Haven
October 19, 2017 | Awards & Events
Cindy Allen Announced as Keynote Speaker at KBIS 2018
October 19, 2017 | Business
Eldorado Stone Opens State-of-the-Art Facility in Greencastle, Pa.