Architectural Digest Design Show Announces 2018 Programming Lineup
March 7, 2018
The Architectural Digest Design Show (ADDS) announces four days of programming curated for the design trade and the public, taking place March 22–25, 2018. Hosted at the main stage on the show floor, the two-part program on The Dacor Stage features exclusive seminars with more than 30 industry visionaries. Architectural Digest hosts the first series of talks exclusively for design trade on March 22, followed by three days of immersive conversations for all ticket holders, covering everything from classic color palettes to contemporary trends and a special keynote conversation with the prominent design families moderated by Amy Astley, editor-in-chief of Architectural Digest.
Show programming at a glance includes:
Architectural Digest Trade Day
Architectural Digest hosts a preview day of programming with offerings geared specifically toward the design trade community, moderated by West Coast Editor Mayer Rus. These events are sponsored by Dacor.
Thursday, March 22
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – License to Grow: A trio of design world talents, Laura Kirar, Ryan Korban and Robert Stilin, convene for a wide-ranging discussion on successful marketing strategies to build your firm.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. – The AD100 Effect: Two recent inductees from the AD100 Class of 2018, Billy Cotton and Amy Lau, discuss the triumphs and challenges they encountered on their path to making the esteemed list.
The Architectural Digest Design Show Series
The weekend offers attendees a window into the world of design and an inside look into some of the most prestigious projects in the country. With nine carefully curated sessions, the programming revolves around intimate discussions with the leading voices and top talent shaping the future of the industry.
Friday, March 23
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Classic to Contemporary: From Miami villas to New York City duplexes, Ellie Cullman and her partners at Cullman & Kravis present their new take on design, which references tradition while embracing a variety of contemporary motifs. Moderated by publisher and industry insider Jill Cohen.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Daring Design Details: Bold Colors, Patterns, and Finishes: Join interior designers Joe Nahem, Jason Oliver Nixon, and John Loecke for an exchange of expert intelligence and professional guidance about creating your own personal style. Moderated by Fern Mallis, Founder & President of Fern Mallis LLC.
- 3-4 p.m. – Seeing the World Through Colored Glasses: ASID calls on New York designers Genevieve Gorder, Charles Pavarini III and Björn Björnsson, as well as Benjamin Moore Director of Strategic Design Intelligence Ellen O’Neill to discuss how color and pattern has led to smashing successes and elevating interiors to a new standard. Moderated by Lori Weitzner, author of Ode to Color.
Saturday, March 24
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Through the Lens of Fashion, Travel, and Design: Join Jeffrey Bilhuber and Douglas Friedman in a riveting discussion about the world of fashion, the world at large, and how it influences global design. Moderated by Tom Delavan, Design Editor of The New York Times T magazine.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – The Royal Families of Design: Featuring three of the most prominent design families of the 21st century, Aerin Lauder, Alexa Hampton and India Hicks come together for the first time for a historic discussion about the past, the present, and the future. Moderated by Amy Astley, editor-in-chief of Architectural Digest.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. – Outrageous Design with David Monn: Hear entertaining stories about everything from working with the White House on state visits and The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual Costume Institute Gala to The New York Public Library’s Gala and the Guggenheim International Gala.
Sunday, March 25
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – An Intimate View: Join celebrated designer Victoria Hagan as she shares her design philosophy and lessons honed during her storied career. Moderated by Wendy Goodman, design editor for New York magazine.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. – The Remodel: Designing for the Modern Entertainer: Hear from illustrious designers and entertainers, including John McIlwee and designer Ray Booth on how recent innovations are transforming the way we entertain in our homes. Sponsored by Dacor.
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. – Top Reasons to Hire an Interior Designer: Designers Joshua David, Heather Smith, Xandro Aventajado and Joanna Goodman discuss the pitfalls and praise that happens when hiring the right designer. Moderated by Maury Riad, founder of Fuigo and co-owner of Fortuny Fabrics.
In addition to the programming on The Dacor Stage, the show features a variety of in-booth exhibitor events, including culinary demonstrations with chefs from around the world, book signings, product presentations and more.
Programs are included with the cost of admission, but seating is limited. To purchase tickets, visit ADDesignShow.com. A portion of the proceeds from all ticket sales benefits Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS (DIFFA).
July 17, 2018 | Business
Chameleon Power Launches Standard Builder Tool Suite
July 16, 2018 | People
Hansgrohe Group Announces Hans Juergen Kalmbach as CEO