Decorating Den Showcases Dream Room Contest Winners
September 29, 2022
To celebrate the winners of its 38th International Dream Room Contest, Decorating Den Interiors, North America’s largest interior design and home furnishings franchise company, is showcasing award-winning room makeovers. The design showcase introduces visitors to the company’s Designer of the Year and the two Runners Up. The site also features the top three makeovers in each of 11 categories as judged by an esteemed panel of international interior design journalists, along with winners in three other award categories. There were nearly 300 rooms entered in the competition.
Designs showcased are from 16 designers from throughout the U.S.
The Dream Room Contest website also introduces visitors to the winners of Decorating Den Interiors’ top three design awards:
- Decorating Den’s top design honor, Designer of the Year, went to Moniqe Holland, of Washington D.C., whose dining space won first place in that category and won best overall. She also won five other awards.
- First Runner-Up Designer of the Year was the franchise of sisters Barbara Elliott and Jennifer Ward Woods and their design team, of Stone Mountain, Georgia. Their family room took second place among the winners in each room category. They also won eight other awards.
- Second Runner-Up Designer of the Year was Lynne Lawson, of Columbia, Maryland, and her design associate Laura Outland, whose bathroom took third place among the first-place rooms. They also won two other awards.
Winning Kitchen by Barbara Elliott and Jenniver Ward Williams of Stone Mountain, Georgia
The Showcase site also presents the top three winners in three other design competitions:
- The Donayre Awards, which are voted on by company franchisees and named for Carol Donayre Bugg, ASID, retired company vice president and director of design.
- The People’s Choice Awards, judged by people all over North America in an online judging lasting several weeks.
- The Patti Awards, named after Patti Coons, former public relations director who was instrumental in starting the International Dream Room competition. The award is for first-time entries in the International Dream Room Competition and is judged by those franchisees who have achieved Decorating Den Certified Decorator status.
Winning Bathroom by Lynne Lawson and Laura Outland of Columbia, Maryland
“The rooms feature furnishings from our LIVV Home Collection of fine furniture, custom window treatments, wall and floor coverings, accessories and lighting,” said David Haseley, senior vice president, merchandising and marketing. “The extensive choices available enable us to work within a wide range of budgets and lifestyles.”
February 1, 2024 | Sponsored
Improving Life at Home Through Appliance Innovation