Houzz Accepting Scholarship Applications
August 16, 2022
Houzz Inc. announced the opening of applications for the annual Houzz Scholarship Program. Now in its seventh year, the Houzz Scholarship Program supports the next generation of renovation and design professionals studying at interior design, construction, architecture, landscape architecture, architectural engineering or skilled trade schools.
“We continue to be inspired by the energy and creativity students bring to the industry as they launch their careers,” said Liza Hausman, vice president of Industry Marketing at Houzz. “Our latest residential design, construction and architecture recipients of Houzz Scholarships provided thoughtful and inspirational viewpoints on their roles in our industry and we are excited to support each one of them on their journey.”
2022 scholarships were awarded to:
- Women in Architecture: Maggie Musante (studying architecture at the Harvard Graduate School of Design)
- Residential Design: Elena Cortes (studying interior design at Virginia Tech)
- Sustainable Residential Design: Adam Blood (studying architecture at Woodbury University)
- Residential Construction Management: Luana Lira (studying construction management at University of Houston)
- Skilled Trades Residential Construction: Jeanine Hegwood (studying construction management at Ashworth College and Francis Tuttle Technology Center)
“The Houzz Women in Architecture scholarship will support my graduate studies, where I hope to learn about and respond to the nation’s housing and affordability crisis,” said student Maggie Musante.
In addition to submitting a brief essay on their design and architecture influences, scholarship applicants are invited to create a Houzz professional student profile, where they can showcase their portfolio of work and network with more than 3 million active professionals around the world. The deadline for 2023 scholarship entries is March 31, 2023. Learn more and apply at houzz.com/scholarships.
February 1, 2024 | Sponsored
Improving Life at Home Through Appliance Innovation