ICFF Studio 2018 Opens for Submissions
November 24, 2017
Each year, Bernhardt Design partners with ICFF to invite emerging designers and new talents to submit their unique concepts and innovative designs for evaluation by a jury of some of the industry’s top professionals. The finalists and their work are presented to the design industry in a special exhibition at ICFF held in May 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Center.
“We receive entries from across North America and throughout the world that continually blow us away for their thoughtfulness, creativity and technique,” said Coleman Gutshall, director of global strategy for Bernhardt Design. “ICFF Studio helps propel many of these exciting new designers to international acclaim and rewarding careers.”
Notable past ICFF Studio participants include Brad Ascalon, Todd Bracher, Bower, GamFratesi, Nolen Niu and Jonah Takagi, among others. Studio 2017 showcased work by 10 designers from five continents.
“ICFF Studio is a must-see feature for our audience at the Fair,” said Kevin O’Keefe, ICFF event director. “Finalists get to be showcased in front of over 30,000 architects, interior designers, developers and better retailers from all over North America and the world.”
The ICFF Studio 2017 winners were:
- Peidian Cai – Settle Table – Pasadena, Calif., USA
- Studio Foy- Siri Line and Guro Sorbo Midtun Pusle Benches – Oslo, Norway
- Guilherme Wentz – Tela Chair – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Yi-Chieh Wang – Moon Table – Pasadena, Calif., USA
- Kendra Kirchner – Drawer Table – Miami, Fla., USA
- Ruoxi Wang – Loop Desk – San Francisco, Calif., USA
- Aiden Bowman & Josh Metersky – Janus Table Lamp – Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Tom Skeehan – Hup Hup Chair – Canberra, Australia
- Xiaotong Wang – Product TBD – Pasadena, Calif., USA
- Refaeli Ma – Leira Lounge Chair – Beijing, China
To enter the competition, a designer must be in the industry five years or less and have a working prototype that is not in commercial production. Submissions are evaluated and judged on design aesthetics, the ability to be economically mass produced, marketability and commercial viability.
ICFF Studio 2018 began accepting applications on October 23, 2017. The application deadline is January 15, 2018. Designers should visit www.icff.com/show/icff-studio for more information and to apply.
May 17, 2018 | Featured
Sherwin-Williams Honors the Next Generation of Designers