Innovative Showroom Awards Returns to KBIS 2016
October 2, 2015
To celebrate a vital part of the industry, the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) announces the return of the Innovative Showroom Awards competition to KBIS 2016. Kitchen and bath showrooms across the country, who feel they are creating an unforgettable experience, are encouraged to submit a nomination online now through November 2.
“Retail showrooms and the experience they provide are vital to our industry,” said Brian Pagel, vice president of the Kitchen and Bath Group, Emerald Expositions. “They are tasked with educating and engaging consumers on the latest in kitchen and bath innovations. We want to continue to recognize the important role they play and are pleased that American Standard shares that vision.”
The 2016 Innovative Showroom Awards are exclusively sponsored by American Standard Brands and GROHE, who are returning to KBIS alongside DXV brand as part of LIXIL Water Technology.
“Showrooms are an important aspect of our industry. Our showroom partners bring consumers’ dreams to life,” said Maha El Kharbotly, chief marketing officer for American Standard Brands/LIXIL Water Technology Americas. “We are thrilled to raise the visibility of this important channel through this sponsorship by American Standard Brands and Grohe.”
A winner will be chosen in each of the following categories, with one chosen as the overall Innovative Retail Showroom:
• Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Small (1,000- 2,500 sq. ft.)
• Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Medium (2,500 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
• Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft+)
• Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Small (1,000- 2,500 sq. ft.)
• Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Medium (2,500 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
• Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft+)
New for this year is the People’s Choice Award, which allows the public to vote for their favorite showroom The vote will occur the week following KBIS 2016, January 27-February 5, 2016, via the KBIS Facebook page.
The 2016 Award winners will be determined by the Innovative Showroom Advisory Board. The group is comprised of retail showroom design professionals, prior award winners and industry influencers.
The Advisory board will select 18 finalists. Representatives from these showrooms will be invited to speak as part of a panel discussion on showroom innovation at KBIS 2016 on the KBISNeXT™ stage. The winners will be announced following the panel discussion on January 19, 2016.