KBIS Reveals 2018 Innovative Showroom Awards Advisory Board
September 19, 2017
The 2018 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the destination for kitchen and bath design professionals, today revealed the members of the 2018 Innovative Showroom Awards Advisory Board. This group of six leaders from various industries and design backgrounds was selected to help honor the importance of the showroom experience to the kitchen and bath industry at KBIS 2018. KBIS 2018 takes place January 9-11 in Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center.
The 2018 Innovative Showroom Advisory Board members are:
- Joe Baer, co-founder, CEO and creative director, ZenGenius, Inc.
- Kim Bernard, executive director of facilities design, Walker Zanger
- Chelsie Butler, executive editor, Kitchen & Bath Business
- Alison Embrey Medina, editor in chief and associate publisher, design:retail
- Ken Nisch, chairman, JGA
- Avinash Rajagopal, editor in chief, Metropolis
“Consumers need to see, feel and experience products before making a major home purchase,” said Suzie Williford, vice president of industry relations for the National Kitchen & Bath Association, which owns KBIS. “This is especially true for the kitchen and bath industry. Our Innovative Showroom Awards honor those retail spaces creating inviting and engaging spaces that best serve consumers as well as the designer, remodeler and builder communities throughout the project’s process.”
The 2018 Innovative Showroom Awards are exclusively sponsored by American Standard, DXV, and GROHE – the brands that comprise LIXIL Water Technology Americas, aiming to improve health, increase sustainability, and enhance the quality and beauty of everyday life.
“We have an incredible panel of experts serving on the 2018 advisory board,” said Brian Pagel, senior vice president, Emerald Expositions. “Each board member has shared with us his or her passion for the importance of the showroom experience within the kitchen and bath industry. We look forward to working with the 2018 board to honor our industry’s most innovative showrooms this January.”
A winner will be chosen in each of the following six categories:
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (brands with 1-5 showrooms) – Small (1,000–2,500 square feet)
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (brands with 1-5 showrooms) – Medium (2,500–5,000 square feet)
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (brands with 1-5 showrooms) – Large (5,000 square feet+)
- Multi Location Retail Showrooms (brands with 6+ showrooms) – Medium (1,000-5,000 square feet)
- Multi Location Retail Showrooms (brands with 6+ showrooms) – Large (5,000 square feet+)
- Overall Showroom Winner
For more information on the KBIS 2018 Innovative Showroom Awards and a list of the 2017 award winners, visit https://www.kbis.com/show/innovative-showroom-awards/.
The 2018 award winners will be determined by the Innovative Showroom Advisory Board, with members initially selecting 15 finalists. Representatives from these showrooms will be invited to speak as part of a panel discussion on showroom innovation on Tuesday, January 9, on the NKBA Presents KBISNeXT™ stage sponsored by HomeAdvisor, followed by an awards ceremony announcing each winner and a cocktail reception.
September 18, 2018 | Business
Dering Hall Launches Kitchen and Bath as Featured Category