KBIS Announces its 2017 Innovative Showroom Awards Advisory Board
November 4, 2016
The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) and the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) are proud to announce the 2017 Innovative Showroom Awards Advisory Board; six leaders within the kitchen and bath industry who understand the importance of the showroom experience in the overall design process for designers and builders, and who work to support showrooms year round as vital members of the industry.
The 2017 Innovative Showroom Advisory Board Members are:
- Chelsie Butler, executive editor, Kitchen & Bath Business
- Ken Nisch, chairman, JGA
- Mia Nicolaisen, chief brand officer, ISI America
- Nancy Epstein, chief executive officer, Artistic Tile
- Susie Krings, senior interior designer and studio lead, ISI America
- Jennie Mosely, owner, Simmer & Soak (KBIS 2016 Innovative Showroom Awards overall and independent small winner)
The KBIS Innovative Showroom Awards allow the kitchen and bath community to honor the retail showroom experience and recognize the key role of showrooms within the industry.
“Showrooms play a pivotal role in the kitchen and bath purchase process. With the 2017 Innovative Showroom Awards program at KBIS, we’re proud to once again honor those showrooms in our industry that are creating the most educational and engaging spaces for customers to truly experience and purchase products,” said NKBA vice president of industry relations, Suzie Williford.
“We have an incredible panel of experts ready to join us for the 2017 Innovative Showroom Awards in Orlando this January,” said Brian Pagel, vice president of the Kitchen and Bath Group, Emerald Expositions. “It’s great to see excitement and anticipation building for such an important KBIS program. Thank you to each of our advisory board members for participating and helping KBIS honor the kitchen and bath industry’s most innovative, influential and educational showrooms.”
The 2017 Innovative Showroom Awards are exclusively sponsored by American Standard, DXV and GROHE — the brands that comprise LIXIL Water Technology Americas, aiming to improve health, increase sustainability and enhance the quality and beauty of everyday life. LIXIL Water Technology Americas will unveil new kitchen and bath innovations at KBIS this year, showcasing its DXV SpaLet smart toilet, American Standard ActiClean self-cleaning toilet and award-winning GROHE faucet foot control.
The 2017 award winners will be determined by the Innovative Showroom Advisory Board, with members initially selecting 15 finalists. Representatives from these showrooms will be invited to speak as part of a panel discussion on showroom innovation on Tuesday, Jan. 10 on the NKBA Presents KBISNeXT™ stage sponsored by HomeAdvisor, followed by an awards ceremony announcing each winner and a cocktail reception.
A winner will be chosen in each of the following categories, with one chosen as the overall Innovative Showroom Award winner:
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Small (1,000- 2,500 sq. ft.)
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Medium (2,500 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
- Independent Retail Showrooms Locations (1-5 showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft.+)
- Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Medium (1,000 – 5,000 sq. ft.)
- Multi Location Retail Showrooms (6+ showroom locations) – Large (5,000 sq. ft.+)
Click HERE for a look at last year’s winners.
September 22, 2017 | Featured
ROHL Hosts Event at Design Chicago: Defining Authentic Luxury