Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers Releases Report Covering Home Appliance Connectivity
February 23, 2016
A new white paper by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) highlights the potential of connected home appliances to bring new levels of time-savings and convenience to their users and addresses how manufacturers are tackling concerns about data privacy and the safety of connected appliances.
While connected home appliances are still an emerging market, the additional convenience that comes with features like remote operation, automated ordering, alerts and remote repairs promise the meaningful, life-enhancing benefits that are the top priority of home appliance manufacturers and users.
AHAM‘s white paper, “Home Appliance Connectivity: Limitless Potential,” provides answers to a number of important consumer questions about connected home appliances, including:
- The difference between smart, Smart-Grid enabled and connected home appliances
- How connected appliances will allow consumers to save more time
- How smart appliances can reduce their users’ energy costs
- The steps being taken to preserve high safety standards in connected appliances
- Concrete steps users of connected appliances can take to protect their personal data
Home appliance manufacturers are already producing lines of connected appliances. AHAM’s upcoming annual meeting, Digital Destinations, scheduled for April 22-23 in Naples, Fla., will explore how connectivity is changing the way home appliances are manufactured, purchased and sold.
October 24, 2016 | Awards & Events
Elmira Stove Works Announces Kitchen Design Contest
October 24, 2016 | Trends & Inspirations
Covet House Releases a New Edition of Covet Catalogue
October 21, 2016 | People
LATICRETE Appoints Matthew Carli to Manager, Business Development