Schwinn Hardware Originals
April 7, 2021
Schwinn Hardware has announced the addition of three new licensed product designs from internationally recognized architects and product designers Max Bill, Egon Eiermann and William Lescaze.
All Schwinn Originals are licensed reproductions based on original examples or drawings of the designs. Each piece in the Schwinn Originals collection combines beauty and usefulness in a unique way. The language of design and architecture is constantly changing and evolving. The best work however is timeless. That timeless quality is what unites the diverse pieces in the Schwinn Originals collection. All Schwinn Originals are licensed reproductions based on original examples or drawings of the designs. Careful modifications to scale, dimensions or material were only made when necessary because of changes in use, material, manufacturing technology or industry standards. The 12 designers were carefully chosen as representatives of Schwinn Hardware’s dedication to the design of timeless hardware that is functional yet minimally invasive.
The additions to the Schwinn Originals collection are:
The Schwinn 34094 Pull
Designed by Max Bill, the Schwinn 34094 Pull is a rounded triangle perfectly shaped to the flexed fingers. Logically sized circular bases for the transfer of force from handle to panel. There is also an organic transition between the grip and the base. Available in three sizes and finishes of polished aluminum, satin nickel and matte black.
The Schwinn 2Z399 Cup Pull (pictured)
Designed by Egon Eiermann, the 2Z399 Cup Pull is an arc in a truncated cone. It is a pull with a clear expression of its purpose. Available in polished and matte chrome, satin nickel, dark bronze and matte anthracite.
The Schwinn 34093 Hook
Designed by William Lescaze, the Schwinn 34093 Hook was designed to hang on and hang over. Two ways to hang in one hook in a continuous shape for both. Available finishes include polished chrome, brushed stainless steel, dark bronze and matte anthracite.
The 12 designers who make up the Schwinn Originals Collection are:
- Max Bill: Beauty from Function, Beauty as Function
- Nanna Ditzel: Groundbreaking All-around Modernist
- Egon Eiermann: Proportions, Precision and Structural Clarity
- Michael Graves: From Modern to Postmodern
- Bodil Kjaer: The Essentialist
- William Lescaze: Pioneer of Modernism in American Architecture
- Paul McCobb: American Cool
- Jasper Morrison: Super Normal
- David Allan Pesso: Geometry Without Extraneous Details
- Dieter Rams: As Little Design as Possible
- Jens Risom: A Danish Modern Pioneer
- August Schatte: Anonymous Company Design